Book UEAF Champions League 2016 Hotel Rooms & 5 Stars Luxury Suites with us for the Final in Milan on May 28th, 2016.
The 2015-2016 UEFA Champions League is the 61st season of Europe’s premier club football tournament organized by UEFA, and the 24th season since it was renamed from the European Champion Clubs’ Cup to the UEFA Champions League.
The Milan’s Stadio Giuseppe Meazza – otherwise known as San Siro – will host the 2016 UEFA Champions League final.
It will be the fourth time the European Cup has been decided at the stadium after 1965, 1970 and 2001. The arena, first opened in 1926, is home to both AC Milan and FC Internationale Milano.
Call 1-(415)-839-6503 or Email us via the Contact Form
To receive our complete listing of Hotels Rooms & Luxury Suites Packages … and to BOOK NOW …
The Milan’s Stadio Giuseppe Meazza Host of the 2016 UEFA Champions League final
UEFA capacity: TBC
Tenants: AC Milan, FC Internazionale Milano
Opened: 19 September 1926
• The stadium was built for Milan in 1925 and originally named after the district in which it is located, San Siro. Inter beat Milan 6-3 in the opening game on 19 September 1926.
• Milan owned the stadium until it was sold to the city in 1935, before an enlargement that increased capacity to more than 50,000 in 1939.
• Inter moved into the venue in 1947 and a revamp in the mid-1950s took the capacity to above 100,000.
• In 1965, Inter won the first European Cup final to be held at the stadium, followed by Feyenoord in 1970 and FC Bayern München in 2001.
• Milan was used as a venue during the 1980 UEFA European Championship, the same year that it was officially renamed after former Inter and Milan player Giuseppe Meazza.
• The stadium was further overhauled as an all-seater with its impressive concrete towers for the 1990 FIFA World Cup.